Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Off on a big adventure

I'm heading out for my road trip in just a few minutes! My mom and my grandma are just about as excited as I am. We're going to Cambria, Hearst Castle, and Solvang! This vacation will give me a chance to eat normally again, since I won't be tempted with a kitchen full of binge food, like at home (it's kind of hard to binge in a restaurant). And by having my mom and my grandma with me constantly, purging won't be an option either. So, I have five fun-filled, binge-free, purge-free days to look forward to!

Oh, on Sunday, I was reading "The Last Song" by Nicolas Sparks, and the Lord totally answered my question. I had asked God earlier about self-control, and how I could obtain it. In "The Last Song, the character, Steve, reads Galatians 5:22-23:

" 22But the fruit of the [Holy] Spirit [the work which His presence within accomplishes] is love, joy (gladness), peace, patience (an even temper, forbearance), kindness, goodness (benevolence), faithfulness,
23Gentleness (meekness, humility), self-control (self-restraint, continence)."
-from the Amplified Bible

When our lives are guided by the Holy Spirit, we produce the fruit of the spirit.
On my own, I have no self-control; but with the help of the Holy Spirit, having self-control is not such an impossible task.

1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful trip! Enjoy every part of it including the restuarants! You can do it! I love you!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete