Thursday, February 25, 2010

Trust= Triumph

Hey everyone!
I've gone a whole week without a binge/purge!!!
I have had to put every ounce of trust in the Lord this week. It's also taken tremendous faith to stick with the food plan and believe I wouldn't turn into the flab monster.
My mom and I had a blast over the weekend. Going out to eat was a huge test, and has always made me uncomfortable. But I was able to order sushi without freaking out!
The best thing was...I ENJOYED IT! I prayed earlier that the Lord would take away any feelings of guilt and fear about what I was feeding my body.
I am sooo blessed to have a nutritionist who I can trust to get me to a healthy place. Mary's support has been such a humongous gift!
I weighed in at her office yesterday, and to my surprise, I didn't gain any weight. CRAZY!!!
Even with all the carbs in the food plan, I was still just maintaining my weight.

In trusting that God designed my body to handle healthy amounts of food, this week has been panic-free. I still had my doubts at times, and my fair share of insecurities, but this week has really been an encouragement.

OHHH! And my Grandma will be happy to hear that I put on a few lbs while she was away in Europe. She's getting back tonight!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great post Rachelle! I'm celebrating with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachelle,
    I have been wanting to touch base with you since I talked with you a month or so ago at your church. So many obstacles got in the way.
    Anyway, I am rejoicing with you in a week of panic free time regarding food. That is exciting to say the least! I can so relate to that feeling.
    I also wanted to comment on your Heart Doctor Post. That was so special what you wrote and I am so happy to hear how God has revealed some important things to you. I trust you will continue to allow Him to be your heart doctor.
    Rachelle, this is no easy journey, I know, but sounds like the Lord has put some pretty special support people in your life to help you through. Value that greatly - especially with your mom - she's pretty special! I will continue to read how you are doing and let you know when I am in the area again - if just to give you a hug from one who understands! Keep up the good work!
    Karen Polk

    ReplyDelete