Thursday, January 28, 2010

A night of victory

This morning marked the one week anniversary of the worst binge ever.
Unlike last week's disaster, I was able to get myself out of bed, give my day to the Lord, and have ONE bowl of cereal...ONE delicious bowl...not a bag full of crap...one nutritious bowl.
Last night I was planning to get up in the night and chow down, but after reflecting on youth service, I knew that would send me back into that vicious cycle of guilt and remorse- one of the reasons I purge. I feel like purging is a way of punishing my body for giving in to the binging.
Overcoming these self-destructive habits has been such an enormous challenge, but last night was a step in the right direction. I was finally able to tell my mom that I was struggling with my cravings and foolish desires to binge. We both cleared out the dishes in my room, and prayed together. By the end of our prayer time (and four bottles of water later), the urge to binge had subsided, and I was able to see the destructive outcome it would bring if I continued to fall into my pit.
I worshiped the Lord as I got ready for bed. Praising his name banished all thoughts of food and need for comfort. He was my comfort. He gave me a restful night- a night of peace and knowing that I am loved.

So, I had a breakfast bowl of victory this morning, a salad of celebration at noon, and a turkey burger of thanksgiving for dinner.
Oh! and cocoa and conversation with a dear friend.

I plan on keeping it all in my belly =]

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for having hot chocolate with me today! :) I had so much fun seeing you! :) Have an awesome rest of the week! :) Love you soo much and totally praying with you! :)

    ReplyDelete