Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Time to start packing my bags!!!

Well, I got some unexpected news today! I knew I was going to receive a call from the Mercy Ministries Intake department- we were only going over what I would expect during my stay at one of the homes...if an opening were available in the near future.
I chatted with one of the staff members for about thirty minutes, going over any questions and concerns. As the conversation began to wind down, she paused for a moment. "Well, Rachelle, before I let you go, I wanted to speak with you about one last thing," she said in her friendly, southern voice. "It turns out, we have an opening for you at one of our Mercy Homes! You'll be staying at our Lincoln, California Home, near Sacramento! You have a little over a month to prepare; your scheduled arrival date is July 27th!"

Wow!!! I'm totally stoked with the Lord's timing on this one!!!
I have a lot of planning and preparing (and blood tests,ugh) to do, but I am suuuuupppeeerrrrrr excited that the day is finally in sight!!!!

I'll keep you all posted on the details (what I get to bring, phone calls, letters, ect.) I just printed out my resident guide, and I'm having soooo much fun reading through it!!!
Mercy Ministry's program lasts 6 months...I know...I'll miss you too. =]
Again, I'll be posting more details about visits and that kind of stuff later.

For now, I'm in celebration mode! I'm sure there will be many tears due to homesickness and insecurity, but I know the healing the Lord brings will be worth every moment of fear.

3 comments:

  1. YAYYYYYYYYY! Im gonna miss you so much, but thats awesomee!!!! :))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachelle,

    Just what we have been praying for! Isn't answered prayer amazing? I sure will miss you though. Ask about special visits from Auntie's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo relieved and excited to hear the news!!! We are praying for your time of preparation! It's gonna be good!
    Love you! :o)

    ReplyDelete